5 Tips to Eliminate Bad Breath from Your Mouth
What Causes Bad BreathThe five major causes of bad breath include:
- Dry mouth
- Smoking/tobacco products/alcohol
- Certain foul smelling foods
- Poor dental hygiene
- Illness and disease
How to Treat Bad Breath or HalitosisYou can eliminate bad breath naturally with specific lifestyle changes and simple remedies. Try these 5 easy tips to make your mouth free from bad breath:
1. Brush Your Teeth Following Every MealBrushing removes the possibility of food depositing between your teeth after a meal and producing odor. In addition to brushing after each meal, you can floss and rinse your mouth using mouthwash.
2. Stay HydratedGulp six to eight glasses of clean water, daily, to make sure your mouth remains hydrated and odor-free. If you suffer from the excessive dry mouth, which does not heal by drinking lots of water, you should consult a dentist as soon as possible.
3. Quit Smoking and Reduce Coffee/AlcoholStopping smoking could almost directly lead to improved breath odor. Cutting down on the consumption of coffee and excessive quantities of alcohol, especially during the day will also help in decreasing bad breath.
4. Eat Healthy FoodMaintain a healthy and regular diet and include some amount of carbohydrates that help to reduce the production of Volatile Sulfur Compounds (VSCs). Also consume fresh fruits and veggies such as lettuce, apples, pears, and carrots that boost natural teeth cleansing.
5. Regular Dental CheckupA routine dental visit will provide you with an opportunity to consult about your bad breath problem with the dentist. The dentist will be able to identify a dental condition or illness that may be triggering your bad breath problem. Need Dental Exams and Cleanings? Contact Reign Dental offices near you.
Comments are closed