Invisalign vs Braces: How to Choose the Best Option for You
Read on to discover the unique aspects of both Invisalign and braces.
Invisalign vs BracesInvisalign offers a more flexible treatment approach when compared to dental braces and is highly recommended for adults and teens. It is commonly used to treat teeth conditions including crowded teeth, overbite, crossbite, wide teeth gap, and more. Dental braces are used to treat the teeth affected by excessive crowding, alignment problems, protrusions, irregular spacing or crookedness. Over a fixed period, dental braces correct the placement of your teeth that result in a healthier, more attractive smile. As opposed to other orthodontic treatments, they are intended for more severe cases.
What Are the Benefits and Limitations of Invisalign?
- Less noticeable than braces
- Causes less discomfort in the mouth
- Removable trays make it easy to clean
- Very low maintenance and less frequent visits to the dentist is needed
- Cost a bit more than braces
- Highly recommended for people who regularly play contact sports
- Removable aligners can easily get misplaced
- Replacement for broken or lost trays can increase the cost
- Treatment could take longer if aligners are not worn as advised (22 hours a day)
- Not recommended to treat very complicated teeth conditions like severely crooked teeth
- Some discomfort may occur during the initial treatment period
What Are the Benefits and Limitations of Braces?
- More established orthodontic treatment for teeth straightening
- Offered by all trained orthodontists
- Various color options are available for their brackets to make them unnoticeable
- Suitable for all types of cases, especially the more complicated ones
- No extra maintenance required apart from regular brushing and flossing
- Wires and brackets may cause soreness and discomfort from rubbing
- May cause some tooth discoloration or rupture (which can usually be fixed after treatment completion)
- May cause a problem in eating certain types of foods
- Necessitates regular trips to the orthodontist for checkups
- Not ideal for people involved in regular contact sports
Which Are More Expensive, Braces or Invisalign?Both Invisalign vs braces are long-term investments, and their cost may vary due to certain factors. The cost of dental braces can change substantially, depending on the severity of the case and length of the treatment. You may get insurance coverage to cover the cost of braces or Invisalign treatment, subject to the type of orthodontic coverage selected by you. The exact cost of both these treatment plans will be explained by your orthodontist on the basis of your treatment needs.
Which Is Better Braces or Invisalign?There are two sides to any treatment plan designed to improve your smile and oral health due to the difference in their treatment approach. It is also difficult to accurately compare between Invisalign and braces from their treatment cost, which may vary depending on several factors. [Also Read: Does Invisalign® Work for Overbite Problems?] A skilled orthodontist will help you decide whether Invisalign or braces, which is the most suitable option to meet your needs and to match with your lifestyle.
Be the first to post a comment