The Finest Endodontics Treatment in Shoreline & Milton, WA
We are dedicated to providing you with the best Endodontic care and smooth Root Canal Treatment in Shoreline & Milton, WA within a comfortable and caring environment.
What is Endodontics?
It is a highly specialized area of dentistry that treats the "inside" of a tooth (pulp) and surrounding tissues. Most common endodontic treatments consist of root canals or specialized endodontic conditions. We have endodontic dentists (or endodontists) that specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of many endodontic conditions.
How does endodontic/root canal treatment save the tooth?
Endodontic conditions are often related to the tooth pulp and tissues surrounding the root of a tooth. If the pulp has become diseased or injured then endodontic therapy may be required to save the tooth. We often deal with infections that occur inside the tooth that are causing tissue damage as well as damage to a tooth. Treatment is commonly a root canal.
A root canal is a very common dental procedure performed with millions of people every year. This simple treatment can often save your natural teeth and prevent the need for dental implants, bridges, or other treatments.
Related Blog: Dental Implants: Procedure and Recovery
What are the signs of needing endodontic/root canal treatment?
You should get alert if you experience symptoms such as:
- swelling of the tooth
- sensitivity to temperature
- or strong pain in the tooth and gums
Contact Reign Dental as soon as you notice these oral symptoms.
Endodontic (Root Canal) Treatment Step-By-Step
Root Canal Treatment may take 1-3 visits. The procedure of RCT is explained in brief:
- Dental x-ray is performed to analyse the degree of damage before proceeding with the treatment further.
- Local anaesthesia is used to numb the surrounding cells and tissues.
- Dental dam (a rubber like sheet) is placed in the patient’s mouth to keep the tooth protected from the saliva.
- Decay/damage is removed and damaged or infected pulp is removed by creating an opening from the crown if the tooth.
- When the decayed pulp is removed, the root canals are cleaned and dried to get rid of all infections. Only then the root canals are filled permanently.
- Many a times, patients need more than one visit and in such case, doctors use temporary fillings in the crown. These patients need to be a little more careful till the final filling is done.
- Finally a natural looking artificial crown is placed over the treated tooth. It looks exactly like other teeth.
What happens during a root canal?
In many cases, your dentist will recommend non-surgical treatment to eliminate the diseased pulp.
- This injured pulp is removed and the root canal system is thoroughly cleaned and sealed.
- This therapy usually involves local anaesthesia and may be completed in one visit.
- Local anaesthesia is used to eliminate discomfort during the procedure.
- You will be able to drive home after your treatment.
- You will probably be comfortable returning to your normal routine.
Success for this type of treatment is about 90%+ of all cases. If your chance of success is not favorable then you will be informed at the time of consultation and alternative treatments will be discussed with you.
Make Your General Dentistry or Specialty Appointment Now!
Call our Milton office at (253) 927-5501 or our Shoreline office at (206) 946-6471, if you require specialized Endodontists or Root Canal Treatment in Shoreline or Milton, WA.
Request an Appointment